Maintenance of Your TruckVault Product
- The casters, located at the back of the drawers, the rollers, located inside the TruckVault which are visible when the drawers are removed, and the plastic L-channels on both bottom corners should all be lubricated every three months with silicone spray. Silicone lubrication spray can be purchased at any hardware store.
- If carpet requires cleaning, use a carpet shampoo that is recommended by your vehicle's manufacturer.
- If your TruckVault has a mechanical lockdown method, a yearly check to make sure screws or bolts are tight is advised.
- If your TruckVault has adjustable tie down straps at the back, an annual check for connection and tension is advised.
- DO NOT lubricate TruckVault products with drawer slides, as they are pre-lubricated at the factory.
- Always make sure drawers are locked prior to driving your vehicle.
Extreme Series All-Weather TruckVaults
- New Lock: The cam on the standard compression lock may be adjusted with a wrench adjust both nuts starting with the nut closest to the drawer front. Tighten a few threads. This will help prevent the development of leaks.
- Old Lock: The cam on the Folding T-Handle Lock may be adjusted using an Allen Wrench, which is included with your Extreme Series TruckVault. Doing so takes just seconds and prevents the development of leaks.
- Every three months, adjust the cam on your lock to ensure proper compression on drawer seal. This is a very important step to prevent leaks from developing, as the drawer seal will compress over time.
- If desired, the outside coating can be sprayed and wiped down with Pledge furniture cleaner prior to installing to prevent the coating from dulling under weather conditions. This step may be repeated as desired after the TruckVault is thoroughly cleaned. If the coating becomes damaged to the point that it compromises the waterproofing of your TruckVault, it may be repaired by either an Arma or a Line-X authorized dealer.
- Every three months, remove the drawers and use silicone lubrication spray on the plastic L-channels on both bottom corners and rollers inside the vault.
- If your TruckVault uses the turnbuckle lockdown method, an annual check to ensure turnbuckles are hand tight and that the jam nut is fully tightened is advised.
Anti-Break-In Bracket (Warning)
WARNING: Your TruckVault is equipped with anti break-in brackets to prevent certain types of prying entry. These brackets hang down from the top of your TruckVault into the drawer-space approximately ¾” and may interfere with taller items placed in the drawer. Please be aware of the presence of these brackets when operating or arranging items in your TruckVault. They are located on either side of your lock on the inside of your drawer and on the underside of the top of your TruckVault. If necessary, these brackets can be removed using a short Phillips screwdriver.
If you have any questions, please call TruckVault at (800) 967-8107.