Simplex Push-Button Combination Lock with Key Over-Ride
The following is the instructions for changing the combination on your Simplex Push-Button Combination Lock with Key Over-Ride. If you need instruction on our discontinued Supra 10-Button Combination Lock expand the instructions at the bottom of this page.
To view a PDF version of the Simplex lock instructions click: Here.
SETTING/CHANGING YOUR COMBINATION
STEP 1. Open Drawer - Remove allen screw from the left side of the lock.
STEP 2. Clear the lock - Turn outside thumb knob to the left to clear the lock.
STEP 3. Enter existing combo.
STEP 4. Insert allen wrench into the hole on the left side of the lock to depress internal lockout slide.
STEP 5. Turn thumb knob back to the left.
STEP 6. Enter new combo.
STEP 7. Turn thumb knob to the right.
STEP 8. Repeat steps 5-6.
If the thumb knob retracts the cam and you have not entered your combination, steps were done out of order and the lock is in zero code. Repeat steps 2-4-5-6-7 & 8.
This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and worksmanship under normal use and service for a period of one (1) year. However, this warranty does not cover problems arising out of improper installation or use. Our only liability, whether in tort or in contract, under this warranty is to repair or replace products which are returned to the factory, shipping charges prepaid to the address shown within the one (1) year warranty period.
Our warranty shall only apply if the item returned is found by analysis by factory personnel to be defective.
This warranty is in lieu of and not in addition to any other warranty or condition, express or implied, including without limitation merchantability, fitness for purpose or absence of latent defects.
1. Selecting your Combination
- Please look at the front of the QuickAccess Lock. Note the buttons numbered 1 through 0. There is also an OPEN lever and a CLEAR button.
- There is no preset combination on your QuickAccess Lock. Select your own combination and keep the combination written down in a safe place.
- For best results, select between three and seven numbers in your combination. Each number can only be used one time. Do not use number combinations that can be easily guessed.
2. Setting your Combination
- WARNING: Improperly setting the combination is not covered under the warranty. Do not disassemble the lock. Doing so voids the warranty.
- WARNING: Setting the combination without resetting the cam to the locked position may result in permanent damage and void the warranty.
- With the unit open, turn the OPEN knob so that the cam is in the LOCKED position.
- THE CAM MUST BE SET TO THE LOCKED POSITION BEFORE SETTING THE COMBINATION OR PERMANENT DAMAGE MAY RESULT. SETTING THE COMBINATION WITH THE UNIT UNLOCKED WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
- First, clear your combination. Make sure the cam is in the locked position.
- Remove the plastic card from the back of the lock by lifting from the center of the edges.
- You will see ten numbered arrows on the back of the lock. These numbers correspond to the numbered buttons on the front of the lock.
- All the arrows point up because there is no preset combination. Arrows pointing up are not part of your combination. Arrows rotated a half turn down are part of your combination.
- Using only the screwdriver tip on the plastic card provided, rotate the arrows to point down. For each number in your combination, apply light pressure and rotate a half-turn so that the arrow points down and raises back into position.
- Check to make sure that the arrow of any number that is not in the combination is pointing up and flush with the back of the lock.
- Applying light pressure, use the included code change tool to rotate any number you want in your combination to down.
- Any arrow facing down is part of your combination. Any arrow facing up is not part of your combination.
- CAUTION: Arrows must point either up or down. An arrow pointing up is not a number in the combination. An arrow pointing down is a number in the combination. If any arrow is pointing left, right or is not raised up flush with the back of the lock, the combination will not work. Test the combination before locking the unit.
3. Testing your Combination
Please note: This lock is equipped with a clutch mechanism to protect it from forced entry. Do not be alarmed if the OPEN lever turns even if the correct combination has not been entered. Test before locking the QuickAccess Lock.
- Make sure the OPEN lever is in home position. If not, turn the OPEN lever counterclockwise until it is in the home position. On the front of the lock, push only the numbered buttons in your combination. Buttons may be pushed in any order. If a mistake is made, pull down on the CLEAR button and re-enter the combination.
- Turn the OPEN lever clockwise to open the lock. If the combination is set correctly, the OPEN lever and cam will turn fully at the same time. If not, pull down on the CLEAR button and refer to Section 2 - Setting Your Combination.
4. Opening and Using your QuickAccess Lock
Once your combination has been set:
- Push in the buttons that correspond to the combination you have set. Buttons may be pushed in any order.
- Turn the lever clockwise to unlock the QuickAccess Lock. If you have entered an incorrect combination, you can return the buttons to their original setting by sliding down the CLEAR button.
- When you turn the lever, the combination will clear automatically.
- To relock the QuickAccess Lock, close the vault and return the OPEN lever to its home position. The unit will be locked.
Supra, 4001 Fairview Industrial Dr. SE, Salem, Oregon 97302 1-800-225-2974
Supra warrents the original buyer of its product for a period of one year after the date of purchase that the QuickAccess Lock is free from defects in workmanship and materials. This warranty does not cover forgotten or incorrectly set combinations. The foregoing warranty does not cover damage caused by abuse or misuse. Supra does not warrant that this product cannot be broken into.
SUPRA LIMITS THE DURATION OF ANY LEGALLY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Except to the extent that such limitation may be prohibited or limited by federal or state law, the foregoing repair/replacement remedy is the exclusive remedy for defects in products.
IN NO EVENT WILL SUPRA BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFITS, THEFT, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY SORT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY SORT, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THE EVENT ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMIATIONS ARE HELD UNENFORCEABLE, SUPRA'S LIABILITIY FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOU OR ANY PARTY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE YOU PAID, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ANY CLAIM. IN NO EVENT MAY A CLAIM OF ANY SORT BE ASSERTED AGAINST SUPRA MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE ACCRUAL OF THE CLAIM.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.